Whitney Pasch, C-IAYT, RYT
Certified Yoga Therapist
Trauma Informed Yoga Therapist
$185 for entire series
($40/ class + $25 materials fee)
Health Savings Accounts (HSA) accepted
Meets every Saturday, beginning October 6th, from 2 -3:30 PM
Dates: October 6th, 13th, 20th 27th; November 3rd and 10th
Participants will be led through a 90-minute yoga practice that includes guided relaxation, gentle movement, and breathing exercises. As the series progresses, more poses will be introduced, as will meditation and other tools for stress management. Yoga props, including chairs, will be available to modify all practices for each participant. Please wear comfortable clothing. The breakdown of each session is as follows:
- Short guided deep relaxation 10-15min
- Yoga postures (Asana) 20-30min
- Long guided deep relaxation 25-30min
- Breathing exercises (Pranayama) and Meditation 5-15min
The program is appropriate for persons with cardiovascular disease and/or risk factors including: hypertension, artherosclerosis, angina pectoris, arrhythmia, diabetes, high cholesterol, obesity, smoking, heavy drinking, or high stress.
- Hypertension must be controlled
- Angina pectoris must be stable/predictable
- All surgical wounds must be healed
- Wait at least 6 weeks following bypass surgery or MI
The program is not appropriate for those with LAD, Carotid Artery Disease, or AAA.
Ask your doctor for a signed statement that you can do the following:
- Sit or lay down for 30 minutes at a time
- Practice gentle movements of the arms, legs, neck, and spine
Whitney Pasch (C-IAYT, E-RYT500) is a certified Yoga Therapist and Yoga of the HeartÒ teacher, trained by Nischala Joy Devi (former director of Stress Management for the Dean Ornish program for reversing heart disease). She has over 1000 hours of specialized training in therapeutic yoga and works specifically with cardiac health, cancer, and persistent pain. Learn more about Whitney at whitneypaschyoga.com.